Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm looking for a job too!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Well she said Vermont is high and far as she is going. That means no extra ninos. Negotiations
    Did-a-chick? Dum-a-chum? Dad-a-cham? Ded-a-check?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by hdblackburn
      Well she said Vermont is high and far as she is going. That means no extra ninos. Negotiations
      Oklahoma was recently listed as one of the 5 best states to practice medicine. I moved from there a year ago, and I believe that to be true. Consider moving there. I can sell you a 2,400 square foot house on 2.5 wooded acres with a catfish pond close to Tulsa for $150,000.
      "Don't rush me, sonny...You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles!"
      Billy Crystal as "Miracle Max" in The Princess Bride

      Comment


      • #18
        hmmm...can';t help but wondering where you are practicing NOW, Kelton!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by ladamiana
          hmmm...can';t help but wondering where you are practicing NOW, Kelton!
          Anchorage, Alaska. Loved Oklahoma, love Alaska. Different but really nice. I am a U.S. Public Health Service officer, and moving to an area of greater need earns brownie points for promotion. I also got a pay raise and a change of scenery. I would go back to Oklahoma without hesitation if I had to leave Alaska, but right now I think Alaska is even better than Oklahoma. Both are better than almost any other state.
          "Don't rush me, sonny...You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles!"
          Billy Crystal as "Miracle Max" in The Princess Bride

          Comment


          • #20
            We need psychiatrists and non-psych M.D.s

            Would you consider a State mental hospital (all adult inpatient) in northern California that pays >$150,000 plus full benefits? I've been here 4 years now. (I'm a psychiatrist.) No on-call unless you want to earn extra money. We need both psychiatrists and non-psych M.D.s. Feel free to email me at:
            Chamoudah-napa at yahoo.com

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Chamoudah
              Would you consider a State mental hospital (all adult inpatient) in northern California that pays >$150,000 plus full benefits? I've been here 4 years now. (I'm a psychiatrist.) No on-call unless you want to earn extra money. We need both psychiatrists and non-psych M.D.s. Feel free to email me at:
              Chamoudah-napa at yahoo.com
              Belated welcome
              Bigdoc

              Comment


              • #22
                I started a family practice residency in Calif. As you know, certain animals can sense impending natural events, like shifting tectonic plates. Apparently, some humans have the same senses. I found being nauseous 10 minutes before the ground shook, which occured far more often than the news man told, was a relative downer. (OTOH, there was kind of a calming effect, like a hypnotic trance or a soothing massage, that was pretty cool associated with the events. Those of you who have been through a total eclipse may be able to relate). So the question is, howz it shaking in your part of the state?
                Did-a-chick? Dum-a-chum? Dad-a-cham? Ded-a-check?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Alaska has many advantages but one negative-6week summer and SO COLD AND
                  DAARK in winter. I'll stick in PA(or MD or DofC).Love the four seasons.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by hdblackburn
                    I started a family practice residency in Calif. As you know, certain animals can sense impending natural events, like shifting tectonic plates. Apparently, some humans have the same senses. I found being nauseous 10 minutes before the ground shook, which occured far more often than the news man told, was a relative downer. (OTOH, there was kind of a calming effect, like a hypnotic trance or a soothing massage, that was pretty cool associated with the events. Those of you who have been through a total eclipse may be able to relate). So the question is, howz it shaking in your part of the state?
                    VLF- very low frequency vibrations. Didn't John Travolta play a character with that same sense?
                    HOT

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Yep. Other folks have it too. I suppose many people have senses that others don't. I don't think that charactor in the movie got the bed spins or trance though. Makes me nauseous to even think about it. Don't really know why, but it was worse in West LA, SF and near Mammoth. San Diego and the SQ Valley were the only places that felt normal.
                      Did-a-chick? Dum-a-chum? Dad-a-cham? Ded-a-check?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        No, he just got dizzy standing on the stairs and nearly fell over.

                        Before the tsunami hit all the animals left, presumably because of their ability to sense VLF. Humans probably had it and lost it on the way to developing intelligence or we are so intelligent that most of us rationalize away the unexplained or unrecognized warning signs. You OTOH are a human tsunami detector.
                        HOT

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by medico71
                          Alaska has many advantages but one negative-6week summer and SO COLD AND
                          DAARK in winter. I'll stick in PA(or MD or DofC).Love the four seasons.
                          Says you. You obviously haven't been here. Summer in Anchorage starts in April and lasts into September. Winter is plain balmy compared to Michigan and places like that.
                          "Don't rush me, sonny...You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles!"
                          Billy Crystal as "Miracle Max" in The Princess Bride

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X