Posting job openings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting job openings

I am a physician recruiter. I specialize in Permanent Placement and work mostly in the Northeastern United States. I am not sure if it is appropriate to post Practice Opportunities on this site but if I get some positive response from current members I will post my open positions.

So it is up to you. Who would like to keep their Eyes and Ears open to the Market? Who is against me posting jobs on this site?

Feel free to ask me any job related questions. I have been a physician recruiter for over 5 years and have placed over a hundred physicians in that time frame. It is safe to say I have seen a few employment agreements in my day.

Hope I can help,

Jeff Wadowsky

Given your experience with contracts what are you seeing with restrictive covenants?

Comment

Restrictive covenants vary greatly depending on location. In New York City you will never be able to hire a physician with a 25 mile restrictive covenant in your agreement. However in Rural PA 25 to 30 miles is standard. More important than a restrictive covenant is a NON-compete clause or non-solicitation clause. Which means you can not actively market to your old patient base or the practices old patient base. So even if you are able to negotiate a 5 mile restrictive covenant, but have a Non-solicitation clause you can not tell your patient you are leaving and the practice will not tell your patient where you went when you leave. This also means no letters to old patients after you leave the practice. This is often overlooked while negotiating a contract and is only noticed when a physician decides to leave the group he/she is working with and begins to plan for his new practice start-up.

In general Restrictive Covenants are very hard to enforce and mostly just discourage physician form job hoping form group to group. If you have a Restrictive Covenant and you are considering leaving your current job for another position within the range, I would recommend talking to the physicians in the practice before dropping the bomb on them that you are leaving, and try to work something out before accepting that new job. On the same note you should always be up front when interviewing and tell the new group about your current contract situation.

The short anwser is it all depends on the sitution? If you have a more specific question I can try to answer it, but I am not an attoney and I don't even try to play one on TV.

Comment

He just posted & run!!

Comment

no, he didn't Mike
          Mel
          There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Thanks Jeff. RCs just irk the crap out of me and I can't believe they are allowed and accepted in our profession. Incredible the amount of crap like this we allow from insurance, govt and each other that restricts practice.

Comment

I was told courts tend to rule in favor of physicians if a dispute ever goes to court, and most employers know this
              There are only 10 types of people in the world; Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Comment

Lgrant: I have heard similar rumors that the courts will not prevent anyone from earning a living and that no one should have to under go hardship to earn a living. Hardship being an expensive relocation, selling a house, spouse finding new employment etc.....

Krusk: Unfortunately RC are a way of life and are here to stay. Not everyone agrees with them but I am sure you can see both sides of this argument. I am assuming that you are on the Employee side of this debate. But to play devil's advocate a hospital or private group does not want to spend the money for a physician to come into town start-up a practice only to leave 1 year later and take all of his patients with him to the competing group. At the same time a physician doesn't want to relocate his family into a new town, work his but off building a practice only to find that the employer is not living up to his side of the bargain. Then he is stuck with a big RC which means if he wants to find a new job he needs to sell the home, yank the kids out of school and relocate the family again.

Life is full of compromises.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Wadowsky
                  Lgrant: I have heard similar rumors that the courts will not prevent anyone from earning a living and that no one should have to under go hardship to earn a living. Hardship being an expensive relocation, selling a house, spouse finding new employment etc.....

Krusk: Unfortunately RC are a way of life and are here to stay. Not everyone agrees with them but I am sure you can see both sides of this argument.

Life is full of compromises.
                  Actually I plan to remain unreasonable on this one. Can't think of too many professions where it is allowed. Suspect the lawyers don't allow it. Why according to what I hear competition is good for the consumer. It's really a ridiculous unfair practice just for the reasons outlined in your post.

Comment

Kursk, such provisions are actually allowed in other professions i.e. the legal profession, computer/software engineers and some some high level execs...so doctors are not the only victims... It is worth thinking about your long term goals when negotiating such provisions.
                    I agree with Jeff, life is full of compromises.

Comment

Kursk: One more profession to add to your list. Sales
                      Most good sales people who work for good companies have a non-competent clause in there contract. Myself included. Mine is 100 miles and 1 year. So believe me I feel your pain.

However I can see why it is needed. If I left my job today most of my big clients would follow me to what ever firm I joined. I work for a company right now that pays for my advertising, my phone bill and all business related expenses. I developed these clients on there time but believe me the loyalty is to me not to the company I work for. This is not that much different than how a physician builds his practice. The group helps market new physicians and depending on the specialty refers new patients to the new guy to help get him started. Once you develop a good relationship with the patients they will be loyal to you not the group or hospital you work for.

Can you really not see the other side?

Comment

>>. I work for a company right now that pays for my advertising, my phone bill and all business related expenses. >>
                        I know that you are compensated. The question is whether it is adequate. I think that you are entitled to 1/2 the future value of revenues from all these clients since YOU are the reason your company got the business. I doubt your company would agree. Its probably a little more than paperclip and stationary. I love the so called free market!

Comment

And if I am a football player at the end of my contract usually I get to play in the league in direct competition with you if we can't agree on a new contract. Even if you paid for uniforms, cleaning, massage therapists, drug rehab ....

Comment

Kursk:

I can't say I disagree. I just understand why it is the way it is.

Comment

job search

Jeff:
                              Im a general surgeon from Ecuador, University proffesor, with 25 years of experience, working in the main and big hospital here, what are the posibilities of finding a job as a surgeon?? Im not licensed there, but in the mean time???
                              regards,
                              Antonio Martinez
                              General and lap surgeon
                              Guayaquil, Ecuador

Comment

Working...
                              X