• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the area of your influence is????

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Wadowsky
      Kursk:

I can't say I disagree. I just understand why it is the way it is.
      Yeah, I hear ya. Railin against the gods, kinda my usual posture.
      It's all good. What's the hot MD job these days?

Comment

Originally posted by antoniomartinez
        Jeff:
        Im a general surgeon from Ecuador, University proffesor, with 25 years of experience, working in the main and big hospital here, what are the posibilities of finding a job as a surgeon?? Im not licensed there, but in the mean time???
        regards,
        Antonio Martinez
        General and lap surgeon
        Guayaquil, Ecuador
        25 years experience may work against you if the US is what you have in mind, Antonio
        Bigdoc

Comment

Hey, Jeff, I just read what you wrote: "Most good sales people who work for good companies have a non-competent clause in there contract. Myself included."

You mean you agree to be "NON-COMPETENT" (!) for your company?! ;-)

Comment

Restrictive Covenant stuff is just really a scare tactic on the end..
            I am sure patients are the same as my clients..
            Should I client want to follow me then thats fine.. I ran into this problem recently where a company who I contracted thru a pimp /aka headhunter called me direct..
            I asked the company to email me all the details.. And I went ahead and did the job it was a small few day project..
            Then down the road the pimp calls me and start ranting and raving.. I reminded him that the company called me I did not call them and I have the phone records and emails to prove that ..
            So maybe you should take up your angst with the company as it was the the company that decided not to use you ( the pimp) ..

But maybe the real lesson to be learned here is to use the internet to leverage your patient base.
            So if you move your website does not ???

Jeff .
            To a point its a moral issue also should you leave your present employer and a prior account / doctor called would your service them ?? or just say sorry the legal beagle says I am stuffed and call me back in a year ?? NOT.
            Companies hire me NEVER own me..
            I am not an endentured slave except to my wife and kids..
            Also read the fine print just about any contract says that either party can void this contract in writing in 30 days etc..
            Well if you remember to void the contract then the RC is void also.. ??
            Unless the other party does not agree to void it then you should get your commission etc until such time as it is ...

oz

Comment

Originally posted by ozzie
              I ran into this problem recently where a company who I contracted thru a pimp /aka headhunter called me direct..
              I asked the company to email me all the details.. And I went ahead and did the job it was a small few day project..
              Then down the road the pimp calls me and start ranting and raving.. I reminded him that the company called me I did not call them and I have the phone records and emails to prove that ..
              So maybe you should take up your angst with the company as it was the the company that decided not to use you ( the pimp) ..

oz
              Seems to me your first mistake was using a pimp. These days there are good "adult" Matchmaking websites that are safe and easy to use.

Ozzie - You are free to follow your contract or Not. It doesn't matter to me. Now if you excuse me I have some hoe's to pimp

Comment

Is it ho's or hoe's (Quayle spelling)?
                The FDA has not evaluated my safety or efficacy...

Comment

• This topic by Jeff Wadowsky has been deleted by BigDoc

• This topic by Jeff Wadowsky has been deleted by BigDoc

Pretty good retort, Jeff!
                  I thought..for a moment...that we scared you off!

Comment

Jeff---I hope you mean a non-compete clause and not a non-competent clause, as you wrote. Now, what is the difference between a pimp, a recruiter, and a headhunter? None!
                    But at least you don't work for Cejka (do you?). They are all over you when they feel like it, and the rest of the time they don't answer calls, emails, or send out CV's.

PS I didn't know non-physicians could post here. Is this site available to the general public? If so, we are in for a huge docsboard!
                    Helga

Comment

Originally posted by Helga
                      Jeff---I hope you mean a non-compete clause and not a non-competent clause, as you wrote. Now, what is the difference between a pimp, a recruiter, and a headhunter? None!
                      But at least you don't work for Cejka (do you?). They are all over you when they feel like it, and the rest of the time they don't answer calls, emails, or send out CV's.

PS I didn't know non-physicians could post here. Is this site available to the general public? If so, we are in for a huge docsboard!
                      Helga
                      Helga, this is the open part of the discussion, and yes, there are some non-physicians on here, they do not have access to the Physician Discussions in the restricted area
                      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Helga

Helga
                        Helga,

Glad to see we have another happy customer

No I do not work for Cejka. But I am familiar with them and have nothing but good things to say about them. Obviously they felt their time would be better spent looking for another candidate rather than following up with a candidate that has no hope of getting the job. Hey, Helga are you a US citizen? Do you have Visa issues? Are you board certified? Are you green or do you have practice experience? Depending on how you answer these questions could explain why you are not receiving return calls. I am always upfront with Physicians whom I can not help either because I do not have positions available for them or there background is not what my Client is looking for, i.e. Foreign trained. However some headhunters don't like confrontation and prefer to just ignore calls and emails rather than just tell it like it is. For me it saves time to be up front and honest, but everyone is different.

Best of Luck.

Comment

Working...
                        X