Starting Fresh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Fresh

I'm an FP striking out on my own. I am shopping for an EMR/PM suite. Currently considering eClinical Works, eMDs, Practice Partner, Synamed, and Protologics. Reading the boards, many have experience with eCW, eMD and PP. Anyone tried Synamed or Protologic?

Originally posted by gtheisz
    I'm an FP striking out on my own. I am shopping for an EMR/PM suite. Currently considering eClinical Works, eMDs, Practice Partner, Synamed, and Protologics. Reading the boards, many have experience with eCW, eMD and PP. Anyone tried Synamed or Protologic?
    Have you had any quotes, or demo from any of them?
    Welcome
    Mel
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. It's good to be here.
      Yes, I have had demos and now have quotes on all. They all have their own styles, but (except Synamed) the price seems to work out to about the same (~20K for the program) after you add in the extra fees/connectivity/support/training etc. The hardware is separate and also seems to be around 15-20K. Synamed is ASP only, and therefore cheaper on a subscription basis but after your contract, you have data and no program to run it on.

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by gtheisz
        Synamed is ASP only, and therefore cheaper on a subscription basis but after your contract, you have data and no program to run it on.

Gordon
        Synamed website describes their ASP database as proprietary. I would insist on tools to convert the database to SQL or other, at the end of the agreement.

If you have not heard of Dr. Notes EMR, read this thread
        Mel
        There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

looks like mysql..

snip
          The problem with the "Rolls Royce" of databases was that it had a Rolls
          Royce price tag and required a full-time Rolls Royce mechanic.
          Instead, we chose to support MySQL. Our only problem was the need to
          migrate legacy data from Oracle 8i to MySQL. Using SQLPorter, this was
          simple, painless, and fast! The gains we received in reduced costs and
          improved maintainability were well worth the enterprise licensing fee.
          Also, the support from Real Soft Studio was prompt and thorough.
          SQLPorter is definitely the way to go for anyone looking to switch
          their database.
          In Koo Kim
          Director of Product Development
          SynaMed.com

Comment

Working...
          X