EMR , Voice and templates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMR , Voice and templates

I am new to this forum and read most the post on EMR and I feel the pain. I personally have used several of the programs mentioned here. It was not until Ifound a system that combines the same logic that Iuse for paper charts, voice and templating that I was able to effeicently and cost effectively use EMR to be nearly paperless in my office. There is an article in Clinical orthopaedic and related research Volue 421 April 2004 describing the use of word recongition software use in a busy othropaedic office. You may wish to read that article to see for yourself.

Just such a system has been developed and in my hands has about a 99% accuracy in voice recogntion

I'll be glad to provide any information desired by the user on EMR systems or any other associated details that are needed by a Clinic. Please feel to send me a message and it will be my pleasure to provide you the information.

Other wise look for your self at **** and you will find the following specs:

**** is fully HL7 and voice integrated with our voice recognition accuracy rate at about 99.98%. The system is developed on a full Microsoft dot net platform and is fast, flexible, and easy to use. And has intergrated a Document Management System that fully supports OCR, OMR, ICR making a medical office virtually paperless. Our product can be used in a single physician medical office to a large hospital setting. It is fully scalable."
    Last edited by BigDoc; 06-15-2006, 09:44 AM. Reason: remove sales pitch

Welcome to Docsboard,
    It is good netiquette to join our discussions before posting your sales pitch.
    Bigdoc

Comment

>>> I personally have used several of the programs mentioned here.

He must be rich...

Anyhow, I've seen a move towards incorporating voice recognition into new programs. I don't understand why, when Naturally Speaking is such a good program and even Microsoft now is competing in this arena. What? They want to beat these players? And at a higher premium too... geesh

Al

Comment

is there any value of having an employee that does not call in sick, takes no vacation and draws NO salary? should there be any premium for this solution? i suppose it all depends on how anyone wishes to employ their financial resources

Comment

Originally posted by jmm487
          is there any value of having an employee that does not call in sick, takes no vacation and draws NO salary? should there be any premium for this solution? i suppose it all depends on how anyone wishes to employ their financial resources
          JM, if I understood Alborg, why reinvent the wheel?
          Bigdoc

Comment

integrating voice with a full wp that will track all necessary functions/entries effectively reduces the number of man hours (by both the MD and/or his staff) required to create, manage, and make entries into charts or medical records. Putting together all this functionality into a managable process is the benefit--- not reinventing the wheel just for the triumph of technology over reason

Comment

I have found voice recognition very disappointing ... much less than 99% accuracy. Sales demos can be very slick, but I'm sure they stick to standard phrases that their systems have been trained to never get wrong. And in a busy office, the ambient noise levels cause too much interference.
              Graham
              http://www.synapse-ehr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Graham
                I have found voice recognition very disappointing ... much less than 99% accuracy. Sales demos can be very slick, but I'm sure they stick to standard phrases that their systems have been trained to never get wrong. And in a busy office, the ambient noise levels cause too much interference.

regarding the ambient noise; you might be using the wrong hardware setup and should be using a speech mike with USB connection which can overcome most of the ambient noise issues.

Concerning accuracy it depends on the software, hardware, and the speaker's training. If any one of these is mismatched then,of course, there will be reduced accuracy.

Comment

I presume that you also have problems with VR since there were so many spelling mistakes in your original post!
                  Graham
                  http://www.synapse-ehr.com/

Comment

not really, my typing skills are self taught and it shows :|

Comment

Vr

I use Dragon Naturally Speaking Medical Edition and it works for me. It does seem really expensive but it eats up words like phlegmon without a hitch.

I know that some of my colleagues with an accent get much lower accuracy - so low that they find it unworkable.

If you don't sound like Walter Cronkite or you do sound like president Bush beware.

"Who is Walter Cronkite?"

Ooops, I'm showing my age.

Comment

Working...
                      X