Cpsi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cpsi

Anyone using, or have experience using the CPSI EMR?

Pros?
    Cons?

Thanks!
    visit drsamonline for more of my scinitilating pontifications...

...or you could just visit this bargain wine review site and learn how to drink your sorrows away on the cheap!

Originally posted by drsam View Post
    Anyone using, or have experience using the CPSI EMR?

Pros?
    Cons?

Thanks!
    No replies??

Has nobody had any exposure to CPSI?

...or you could just visit this bargain wine review site and learn how to drink your sorrows away on the cheap!

Comment

CPSI did make it to my "CCHIT Hall of Fame" of troubled publically traded EHR companies:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ALLOFFAME2.png

Other than that, I've never used it.

Cheers,
      Al

My new website- http://msofficeemrproject.com

Comment

Will be implementing CPSI EMR

Our hospital owner will be implementing CPSI EMR in our ambulatory clinics in May. We do not as yet have access to the software, but are told to be "working on our templates" as there are only 10-20 templates provided. I have seen the demo, and it looks very slow and counter-intuitive. I am using CPSI CPOE on the acute hospital side for physician order entry. It is very cumbersome and slow. There are miniscule check marks that have to be hit, but can't be done with the tablets we have. Just an example of poor programing. I will keep you updated with our implementation.

Comment

CPSI Oh No!

I would like to say something nice about CPSI... The best I can say is that in my 14 years of using it it is unequaled. But not in the way you want to hear. A number of years ago I surveyed folks here and elsewhere. It was the most abandoned EMR/EHR by physicians, and in fact, at the time, the only physicians still using it were hospital employed physicians and they were only using it because they had no other choice.

It took all of the usual information that should be in a patients chart and seemingly dumped in a format that can best be described as random. We had to stop one of our gynecologists, (who was really trying to make it work) from using the CPSI Office consults/H&P as his surgical H&P for the OR. Out of the first 5 charts I reviewed his documentation would not satisfy any of the criteria we used for a simple very basic surgical H&P. When he was given his own H&P's he acknowledged it was that bad and was forced to dictate a separate H&P. So far they have been unable to interface with the radiologist even with a HL7 interface through a pretty basic MS SQL server database. I don't even want to talk about path reports.

Our hospital has been promoting using the hospital side to meet meaningful use and collect the money and it is tough I grew up (from medical school) with CPOE and this is the only system I have seen/used that I consider dangerous. I am using it on the simple OP Lap Chole, endoscopies and the like in order to meet the hospitals request. Most of these have had a standard order set and the nurses call me when things get screwed up. Any order put into CPOE requires that I call the nurse and inform her of the order and typically wait until she pulls it up and reads it back to me. I have never had an order put in without doing this that has gone through correctly. I refuse to use the CPOE on anything critical. The Med Reconciliation module is a joke. It can only be used on admit and discharge, It will not work after surgery or in a transfer situation. On our admits after surgery we are still having to discontinue all anesthetic agents, meds, drips ect used in surgery. Our administrator kept saying how great the software was/is but there is not single physician on staff that agrees. It's probably the only thing I have ever seen the Med staff unanimous on, and quite vehemently so.

I've probably gone on a rant here but I feel for you. If you are going to be forced into this system I can tell one of the things we things we did to help keep our sanity. When we clicked on the mouse or keyboard and had to wait for the system to respond we had a song we sang. It goes to the tune of Oklahoma!

Oh what a piece of S--t software.
          I'm sitting here wasting time.
          If this would work just a "smidgen"
          We all be happy as clams.

Not very good as parody but it got us laughing. I had about 3 other verses but I not very good at parody and you might want to make up your own. A couple of my cohorts had a number of more bawdy verses. It's just a suggestion. One of the CPSI instructors actually wanted to do a youtube video of it and thought it was funny but my singing voice has been compared to a dead cat in heat and I really don't want to put that in public.

DocRobbs

Comment

The hospital I was working at (employed) ultimately implemented the CPOE piece of garbage. Fortunately, they had finally started a hospitalist program just before this, so I gladly turned over all of my inpatient duties to them. Still, I attended the mandatory training sessions and got exposed to it. Holy cow, what a piece of junk. As they were making noises about forcing it upon those of us in the outpatient clinics, I gave them my notice and quit. CPSI wasn't my reason for quitting, but it sure didn't cause me to have any second thoughts.

Pretty much my observation mirrors your own. Hospital admin folks and folks from CPSI all extolling it's virtues and trying to tell everyone how great it is. Meanwhile, unanimous voice of the physicians is that it sucks. I'm glad to be away from it.

Comment

What if any soft ware is out there that will integrate the hospital EMR and Physician Office EMR in a seamless fashion?
              At our hospital we are in the process of trying to find out what is out there.
              We now have "Cerner" for the hospital charts. This works well on its own. But does not talk with "Centricity" a GE product that the Physician offices use. Therefore, there is extra work involved in tracking hospital info. Incidentally the physician practices are owned by the hospital. The contract with Cerner is coming to an end. Now we are in the process of looking for a soft ware program that would integrate well with Centricity. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Comment

Working...
              X