patientfusion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patientfusion

Anyone with any experience with this product?

Thanks.

OOPS!!!

That's practice fusion, not patient fusion.

Anyway, any experience with it?

http://www.practicefusion.com/
    visit drsamonline for more of my scinitilating pontifications...

...or you could just visit this bargain wine review site and learn how to drink your sorrows away on the cheap!

It sounds like an interesting model, I honestly hope it isnt a Bait & Switch, how are they going to generate enough revenue from ads to cover cost?
    Bigdoc

Comment

Originally posted by BigDoc View Post
      It sounds like an interesting model, I honestly hope it isnt a Bait & Switch, how are they going to generate enough revenue from ads to cover cost?
      Yeah, I dunno.

I remember a similar product a few years ago. It was called liferecord.

It had this really compelling story from it's creator about how much he loved and respected doctors, how they had saved his wife's life or some such tear-jerker story and how he was creating this free EMR for them.

Promised that his EMR would always be 100% free of charge, etc.

Well, now I think liferecord goes for $9999.00

ad revenue might work.

they also have an ad-free version that you can subscribe to for $100 per month per provider.

...or you could just visit this bargain wine review site and learn how to drink your sorrows away on the cheap!

Comment

Originally posted by drsam View Post
        Yeah, I dunno.

I remember a similar product a few years ago. It was called liferecord.

It had this really compelling story from it's creator about how much he loved and respected doctors, how they had saved his wife's life or some such tear-jerker story and how he was creating this free EMR for them.

Promised that his EMR would always be 100% free of charge, etc.

Well, now I think liferecord goes for $9999.00

ad revenue might work.

they also have an ad-free version that you can subscribe to for $100 per month per provider.
        $100 a month might cover their expenses, I wonder how easy it is to extract your data, or keep a local copy of your data. I had used the standalaone Quickbooks for a few years before switching to the online version, I was worried about not controlling my data, but 2 years down the road, I have no complaints, at $30 a month
        Bigdoc

Comment

Originally posted by BigDoc View Post
          $100 a month might cover their expenses, I wonder how easy it is to extract your data, or keep a local copy of your data. I had used the standalaone Quickbooks for a few years before switching to the online version, I was worried about not controlling my data, but 2 years down the road, I have no complaints, at $30 a month
          I emailed them and asked just that. They claimed that upon request, they will provide you with all your data if you wish to import it into some other system.

Their program does require internet access however. There is no way to actually access or use the data without going onto their servers and using their program (other than exporting the data to some other EMR I guess).

This makes me a bit nervous as I practice in the Hurricane Katrina zone where we lost all internet for weeks. No cell coverage for weeks. etc.

I suppose you could perhaps use some sort of satelite internet access in that event, but I know nothing about doing this.

Comment

The product as a standalone is free. My suggestion is to sign up for it (I did), navigate through the system with some test patients, and test drive it. The ads really were not too bothersome to me.

Having a great deal of experience with multiple EMRs, it is certainly not the most robust system, but it seems stable - assuming your internet is stable.

Free is a good thing. "Owning" the data may be another concern.

Comment

My only concern with not owning the data is handling requests for records. Should they go out of business, you can get in trouble with your State Board of Medicine, at least here in Texas. Loosing internet connection is no longer that big an issue, chances are if you have no power, or cellphone signal, you arennt going to be open for business, and if they are a reputable co, they would have a better disaster recovery strategy than the avergae practice
              Bigdoc

Comment

Free Electronic Medical Record system — Practice Fusion — releases a psychiatric
                module for mental health professionals in advance of the American Psychiatric
                Association (APA) Annual Meeting in New Orleans.

I registered. It looks nice. Has prescription capabilities.
                Did-a-chick? Dum-a-chum? Dad-a-cham? Ded-a-check?

Comment

Working...
                X