Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it true ? Do US pharmacies sell cigarettes ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it true ? Do US pharmacies sell cigarettes ?

Is it true you can get BetaBlockers, ECASA, atorvastatin and cigarettes all in the same pharmacy ?

Signed,
    Curious Silly Canadian
    (Happy 4th of July)

AND alcohol too!!!! Profits from every source possible, it's the American way!

Comment

Actually most American pharmacies are in grocery stores. That way you can get your alcohol, cigarettes, hot pockets, toilet paper, and prescriptions all at the same location. How about that for convenience.

Comment

Doctor heal thyself

Most hospitals serve inetible and many times unhealthy food. So, so what if we buy our drugs along with our lifestyle sins?
        Did-a-chick? Dum-a-chum? Dad-a-cham? Ded-a-check?

Comment

Originally posted by hirschr
          AND alcohol too!!!! Profits from every source possible, it's the American way!
          Didn't Walgreens give up on the alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by EMRhelp.org
            Is it true you can get BetaBlockers, ECASA, atorvastatin and cigarettes all in the same pharmacy ?

Signed,
            Curious Silly Canadian
            (Happy 4th of July)
            And guns!

At least per 'Bowling in Columbine', you can get them in Wal-Mart. Never checked this myself!
            who by fire.

Comment

Lobby your local state officials to have nicorette gums and patches placed in front of cigarettes in all your local pharmacies
              MH

Comment

My favorite was a picture of a store in some article - big neon sign:

LIQOUR, GUNS & AMMO

Now that's just about all you need for a party!

Comment

And "pharmacies" sell cosmetics, some small kitchen apppliances Etc,

Comment

If you can't beat em.....

Pharmacy? Heck, I've got a machine in my office! I'm now living in the only area I've ever actually seen tobacco hanging in the barns! I think the coal miners have realized that they're just not gonna get sick enough on the pneumoconiosis alone, so if they ever want to make it on to disability, they have to get up to at least 1&1/2 ppd.
                    CUT2CURE. We heal with steel! It can't hurt you if it's in a bottle...and the Rule of the Artery is Supreme

Comment

Not only that, but our federal government takes our income, under threat of imprisonment, and -gives- money to the tobacco growers(a 'buy-out', they call it, although I'm not sure how many have been bought out) to maintain the cost of the product artificially!!!
                      CUT2CURE. We heal with steel! It can't hurt you if it's in a bottle...and the Rule of the Artery is Supreme

Comment

Tobacco related illnesses will take usually help you meet your creator ahead of schedule; more often than not soon after you have paid state, federal and social security taxes all your working life, but before the $20k CABG, hip replacement, and thousands worth of imaging
                        M
                        Mel
                        There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

I tell my patients who say"you gotta die from something" that I am an authority on death, and smoking is a miserable way to die, gasping for your last breath or in pain that cannot be alleviated by medication or stroked/gorked out paralyzed with somebody having to wipe your ass.
                          Do you think that's too harsh?

Comment

Originally posted by MHDoc
                            Lobby your local state officials to have nicorette gums and patches placed in front of cigarettes in all your local pharmacies
                            MH
                            You want to take on the tobacco industry?
                            K
                            Looking for EMR

Comment

Originally posted by Kursk
                              Didn't Walgreens give up on the alcohol?
                              Yep, they did. I recall this because it used to be a relatively big deal that the Walgreen's here in town (Dixon, IL) was supposedly the last Walgreen's still carrying alcohol. The rumor I was told was that it was because the Walgreen family has a vacation home/estate on the river and wanted the access to alcoholic beverages from their store here. Don't know if it's true or not.

Anyway, the Walgreen's here was remodeled within the last year and the liquor department has been removed too. So much for a small town's claim to fame (other than being Ronald Reagan's hometown of course).
                              Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
                              --John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                              X