6. Avandamet to replace Glucophege and Avandia
    7. Biaxin XL to replace Biaxin
    8. Tri-Pak/Z-pak
    9. Wellbutrin XL/Wellbutrin SR
    10. Sarafem

The latest scam....

http://www.healthfinder.gov/news/new...p?docID=518795

eszopliclone for zopiclone.

Do Single Stereoisomer Drugs Provide Value?
    http://ti.ubc.ca/pages/letter45.htm

Summary: No.

Why does the FDA allow such lame products ?

Still Nexium free,

Why? Because there are billions of dollars floating around in this arena and all the "high dudes / gals" are receiving a part of this "arena action" in one way or another. This system is corrupted and broke. It needs fixen. But, it's now too late for this to happen. I was personally able to "fix" two broken "federal medical systems" in the 60s; the wall could then be climed. This "wall" has now grown and I (we) can no longer scale it. I have repeatedly tried and tried. Bryant, MD, RPh

Comment

Most recent scam - http://www.healthtalk.ca/insomnia_12172004_6722.php

Lunesta - eszopiclone

of course it is really just zopiclone.

And it is just as dangerous as a BZD. Don't believe the hype it's a sequel.

Comment

This is hilarious, EMR. I can't fault the companies too much though.

In Maryland the academics got together on some expert panel to recommend the prefered list to control costs. Some of these named made the list. The Wellbutrin SR is so frequently misprescribed that the XL was a good mistake.
        Did-a-chick? Dum-a-chum? Dad-a-cham? Ded-a-check?

Comment

And there's Levothyroxine. What about just thryoxine? Where's the outcry on this?
          The FDA has not evaluated my safety or efficacy...

Comment

Scroggie: Since the dextro form of thyroxine is MUCH less active than is the levo form and not clinically usable, it has been then assumed that "throxine" is synonymous with levothyroxine. So, the only outcry would be if the retail pricing of "levothyroxine" is more than "thyroxine."
            John

Comment

Uh, what about marketing of the SAME drug under a different name, just for marketing reasons??

Prozac = Serafem (Fluoxetine) just so sensitive ladies won't have to take a (gulp) antidepressant for their PMS,

Wellbutrin (in all its forms) = Zyban (Bupropion) just so sensitive smokers won't have to take a (gulp again) antidepressant to quit smoking.

DM
              How does it change many dyslexics to take a lightbulb?

Comment

Of course, we also have Excedrin Migraine, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by davidtm
                  Uh, what about marketing of the SAME drug under a different name, just for marketing reasons??

Prozac = Serafem (Fluoxetine) just so sensitive ladies won't have to take a (gulp) antidepressant for their PMS,DM
                  Hehe. Excellent example.

Can I interest you in a Cow Burger ? or do you just want a Hamburger

Comment

Working...
                  X