MOVIES @ Docsboard.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOVIES @ Docsboard.com

Here you go, Kursk! All movie fans...post here! Maybe THIS thread does have a better chance of eventually evolving into a real SUBFORUM within Physicians' Lounge!

Popcorn is popping (no butter, but that could be a seperate thread!), big mountain dew, settling back and ready to watch yet another alien invasion film! Go GORT!

Comment

Haven't seen anything NEW worth noting lately...unless you are all in the mood for a renewed "Passion" debate in here! Personally, I'm still waiting for Billy Wilder's "How to Steal a Million" (A. Hepburn, P. O'Toole) to come out on DVD...looks like Century Fox doesn't care about it that much, since it's been only out on VHS, while bunches of other "crap" are coming out on DVD each day.

Comment

Any see Solvent Green w/ Charlton Heston? Weird.

Comment

Soylent Green was a great classic movie!
          Ragster

Comment

Originally posted by robodoc911
            Soylent Green was a great classic movie!
            RoboD = Omega man was better. My rankings for Chuck:

Omega man
            Planet of the apes ("Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!")
            X Commandments
            Two Minute Warning
            El Cid
            Ben-Hur
            Mountain Men

Comment

Kursk! Your list is almost identical to my daughter's favorite movie list! Great minds DO MAYBE think alike! She was probably thinking (somewhat smugly maybe!) that she was the only one in the world with these preferences until now!...I wonder if she would be thrilled or disappointed if I told her there's kindred spirits around here, in this cyberworld...

Comment

Planet of the Apes rocks. Novalisous. My high school latin teach had us watch Ben Hur every year (I took 4 years), and I like it too. Never did see Omega man.

Somewhere I have the "take your stinking paws".wav. I used to have it as my windows alarm whenever something went wrong.
                The FDA has not evaluated my safety or efficacy...

Comment

Originally posted by Anon_3b215c
                  Kursk! Your list is almost identical to my daughter's favorite movie list! Great minds DO MAYBE think alike! She was probably thinking (somewhat smugly maybe!) that she was the only one in the world with these preferences until now!...I wonder if she would be thrilled or disappointed if I told her there's kindred spirits around here, in this cyberworld...
                  Oh man don't tell her, definitely will ruin her day. My daughters cringe at the thought of having any resemblence to me in any way. "Who needs a hug" sends them screaming away!

Comment

just saw a french movie called Bon Voyage at the foreign film house.

One great entertaiining movie, history, humor, love, period flick about things happening in paris as the germans were about to invade with an underlying thriller plot about smuggling something out to england to aid the war,

Basically I will try never to go to another american made movie, mostly a waste of money.

Richard

Comment

I've recently become a fan of netflix...they have many many more foreign movies than Blockbuster does...and on DVD too. I don't know where they get them, because many of them were never even in major stores or in wide market release, maybe from smaller independent film houses...but I keep discovering new/old foreign favorites in there every day. Their cataloguing is still subpar, because if you try to click on the major categories (like Foreign movies) you don't actually get all they have. I usually browse by either actor name or director name, then go from there, and keep discovering new stuff. I also go to amazon.canada sometimes for French movies available on Zone 1/NTSC system (for sale), but they don't have too many.

Comment

They profiled Netflix the other day on CNN, they have targeted the type of movies that would otherwise never have made it, attracting a niche market. The have recently had to raise their charges by 10% and are facing fierce competition in large metro area from cable with Video on demand type services.
                        Bigdoc

Comment

Anon, is your DVD player unlocked for international regions?
                          Bigdoc

Comment

No, I can only see Zone 1 for now (US/Canada DVD's). I actually have a really cheap DVD player, I don't even think it can be "unlocked" for other Zones. Plus, even with a fancy multizone DVD player, don't you also need a multizone TV (with PAL/SECAM in addition to NTSC) too? I HAVE NO CLUE!

Comment

You don't need a multizone TV, just the DVD player, all except Sony are software locked, a few strokes of the remote will unlock the zone. Sony DVDs OTOH are hardware zone locked. The color system PAL/SECAM/NTSC is different from DVD regions; a system devised by the RIAA to prevent movie piracy especially from the far east.
                              Bigdoc

Comment

Working...
                              X