This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP for NEW NEW incoming DOCS

This is the General Help (Open) Forum. In order to get access to the Physicians Only discussions, which include links to Physicians' Lounge, and some Clinical subforums (Peds, FP, Surg, Other...for now, but hopefully more in the future): you have to send an E-mail or a Private Message (PM) to either Big Doc or Mel, giving your full name, state of practice, and license #, and your e-mail, so they can verify you and respond by allowing access to the the LINKS to the Physicians Only sections.

Since there will be an increasing number of people here in the short-term, I assume, trying to get access, I suggest that you use E-mail rather than PM for communicating with Big Doc or Mel (because their PM boxes may be full and can only hold a certain number of messages). I used E-mail myself.

You can easily send either a PM or an E-mail to one specific person here by clicking on their ID (such as Big Doc or Mel) and several choices will appear under your click, either for PM or E-mail.

I'm sorry if this sounds very didactic, simplistic, or redundant. I just think that people need clear instructions when they first pop in here, and not all are familiar with all the features of this type of bulletin board. I am still trying to discover them for myself! I postedthe same message in the General Discussions too. Big Doc and/or Mel, please correct me if I have given wrong instructions.

Thanks Anon, I've made this thread sticky
    Bigdoc

Comment

Also, while waiting for your confirmation, please note that some E-mail spam/security settings are set to reject any e-mails with HTML links (AOL has that option, I think Hotmail and others may have it too). Please check your security settings on your mailbox, because you will need to receive that confirmatory e-mail which does contain a HTML link in it, and you need to click back on it and respond in order to get final access!

Comment

TIP on navigation

As the board gets busier, make use of the New Posts button to diplay all threads since you last visited, and if View First Unread takes you to the newest message in the thread. At the home page of any forum, any threads in bold contain new posts.
        Bigdoc

Comment

Learn to use your Control Panel (CP) for Options re. subscribing/unsubscribing from threads (if you don't want your mailbox innundated by copies of posts from here!), but also for other fun and useful options as well!

Comment

Working...
          X